Your cat’s golden years are some of the best! Just like humans, the healthcare needs of our cats change as they grow older. Trophy Club Animal Hospital is here for you in every life stage – our team knows how dear the “golden years” can be and are committed to educating clients through this process. We’ve compiled ten important tips to care for your senior cat.
- Schedule veterinarian checkups at least twice a year. The older your senior cat, the more important it is to maintain good health.
- Be more informed and aware of your senior cat’s condition. Observe your cat on a regular basis to stay on top of any potential symptoms of diseases.
- To ease digestion, consider feeding your cat several meals a day instead, of one large serving.
- Avoid overfeeding – obesity can lead to numerous health problems and may shorten your cat’s life.
- Keep your cat on a regular exercise routine to help preserve muscle tone and to keep bones and joints strong.
- Don’t overlook your cat’s dental health. Have your cat’s teeth cleaned by your veterinarian when advised, and brush them at home on a regular basis.
- Have your veterinarian perform regular vaccinations.
- Keep your senior cat’s bed and surrounding area clean, and always remain proactive in controlling fleas.
- Because senior cats are prone to inactivity, inspect your cat’s nails on a regular basis and trim them when necessary.
- Don’t forget to give your cat plenty of love and attention – the keys to a healthier and more fulfilling life for your senior cat!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and contact us. Our team is here to help!