Because September 18-24, 2016 is Deaf Pet Awareness Week, we wanted to share with all of you just exactly why we think Deaf Dogs Rock. Below are the Top 10 Reasons Why Deaf Dogs Rock put together with the help of Deaf Dogs Rock FB community.
Top 10 Reasons Why Deaf Dogs Rock
10. Deaf Dogs Rock because they are not afraid of Fourth of July fireworks, thunderstorms or neighbors shooting their guns while doing target practice!
9. Deaf Dogs Rock because they excel in therapy dog work, emotional support dog work, and service dog assistance as they don’t have the fear or anxiety that usually comes with loud noises like hearing dogs do.
8. Deaf Dogs Rock because when you are in a big group dog training class with new people they are not distracted by the sounds of other dogs barking, and you can give them cool secret hand signals to do tricks.
7. Deaf Dogs Rock because you can sneak into the kitchen for a late night snack, open a bag of potato chips and your deaf dog doesn’t notice (unless you are close enough to the dog he/she can get a scent of your snack).
6. Deaf Dogs Rock because they can smell an intruder (and feel the vibration of a car coming from a distance) way before your hearing dogs can see an intruder.
5. Deaf Dogs Rock because if they are asleep when you get home from work, they stay asleep (that is until they smell your scent) instead of jumping all over you when you walk in the door.
4. Deaf Dogs Rock because you can take your deaf dog to big events like pet expos and they can’t hear all the other dogs barking.
3. Deaf Dogs Rock because you can play rock/country/hip hop/rap music or sing in your car, at home, or in the shower as loud as you want and your deaf dog won’t even notice!
2. Deaf Dogs Rock because they are the ultimate Velcro dog – no matter where you are located in your house you always will have a shadow following you around from room to room.
1. The number one reason Deaf Dogs Rock is because they Hear With Their Hearts!